How does social media apply to real estate?
That’s the real question and that’s why you are here, isn’t it?
Here are a few statistics that will help change the way that you look at social media, and Internet-related activities in general:
- 87% percent of all home buyers now start their search online. This is according to a recent statistic from www.realtor.org (the National Association of Realtors.)
Depending on what statistics you look at, you’ll find that number varies anywhere from 87 to 94 percent. Regardless, that’s a huge number of people that begin their home search online. If you have existing properties to sell or if you’re trying to build a buyers list of real, qualified people to purchase your properties, this can be huge for you and your business.
Looking at both social media statistics and buyer trends, it only makes sense to blend the two together!
- Facebook has over 500 million monthly users, and that’s growing every month. That’s a ton of traffic. And if – at a minimum – 87% of buyers start their search online, it’s clear that a good percentage of those folks are on Facebook!
- Social networks like ActiveRain.com and Trulia.com are two of the top five real estate sites on the Internet.
They’re huge real estate social media outlets for you to take advantage of.
- Many social media outlets allow you to target based on “demographic” data. Facebook, for instance, allows you to target people based on likes, demographic, data profile, and connections.
Keep in mind that Facebook tracks everything you do. They track everything you like; they track the pages that you go to and so on. And based on this information, they serve you ads.
- You can use Twitter to get traffic to open houses and real estate related events.
NOTE: It does takes some time to build your Twitter following and you’ve got to focus it on a local level if you’re going to use it for things like open house reminders and announcements, but it’s a useful social media strategy nonetheless!
For more information on open house events and real estate-related events, check out our Selling Deals System.
Real estate is and always will be a relationship business.
All you’re doing is taking those relationships to another level and adding an online dimension.
Also, you’re working to expand your reach as well!
With social media, you’re essentially able to go to cocktail parties and networking events with people all over the world instead of just people that are five or ten miles away from home, property(ies), or the office. It really allows you to expand the reach, and to establish and build relationships long distance.
To use this article on your own website, include the following:
Looking to use Social Media for your real estate business? Visit www.RealEstateTrainingAcademy.com/SSMS to get your Simple Social Media System for Real Estate. Inside, you’ll discover how to SUCCESSFULLY use social media for you real estate business. You’ll also learn the 2 real estate social media sites you MUST be using if you’re serious about leads!